Famous Monsters magazine returns in February with a cover that features DC’s trinity of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman along with an interview with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice director Zack Snyder. There is also a Rick Baker variant cover that celebrates the 35th anniversary of An American Werewolf in London.
Here is some excerpts from the interview with Snyder done by FM Editor David Weiner:
From dealing with intense fan scrutiny to the challenges of expanding the big-screen DC Extended Universe, BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE director Zack Snyder pulls the curtain back on his thought process and how it all connects to the upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE movie in our Official FM Interview.
• CREATING A BELIEVABLE TITLE-CHARACTER MATCH-UP: “The discovery of the story is that Batman fights Superman. Now move your superhero chess pieces so that can happen. And it can happen in a credible and interesting way. … It’s just incredibly satisfying and fun to dig into these two mythological characters and find a through line that allows them to come into conflict in a way that not only is philosophically satisfying, but also physically real.”
• REGARDING BEN AFFLECK’S OLDER, WISER BATMAN: “He’s not yet tired of his place in the world. He’s definitely still tooth-and-nailing it.”
• REACTING TO CRITICISM OF EXCESSIVE DESTRUCTION IN MAN OF STEEL: “I stand by it, because for me, I’ve always said when I was working on WATCHMEN — and maybe it’s sort of left over from a WATCHMEN philosophical sort of thing — that there should be consequences to superheroes’ interaction with the earth. And that was kind of the way that we approached MAN OF STEEL. I wanted a big consequence to Superman’s arrival on earth. Certainly, BATMAN v SUPERMAN sort of cashes in all its chips on the ‘why’ of that destruction.”
- Writer’s Commentary: Ian Edginton Talks About Killer Instinct #4 - January 18, 2018
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Atlanta Falcons - January 18, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Wrestler Goldberg Plays Rare DC Comics Villain - January 18, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: What Will Keep Jefferson Pierce from Retiring Again? - January 18, 2018
- Arrow Season 5: The Team Finds How Cayden James Has Been Ahead of Them - January 18, 2018