While speaking at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos reiterated the company’s intention to produce an Iron Fist television series following Luke Cage.
Originally announced as one of the four Marvel series produced in conjunction with the streaming company, word spread that Iron Fist might be shelved or produced as a one-off movie-length episode.
Sarandos said casting is “in progress,” according to TVLine.
Although, it may yet be some time before it or The Defenders, the last of the originally announced series, will be available for streaming. Saradanos said is “not the goal to put out more than one or two a year.” With Daredevil and Jessica Jones as the first year output, Luke Cage will likely follow the second season of Daredevil in a similar release pattern. It is unclear if Iron Fist will follow the recently announced second season of Jessica Jones or if a second or third season of Cage or Daredevil will come along first.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016