At one point, rumors suggested a clip from the first of the planned Star Wars spin-offs — detailing the mission to steal the Death Star plans — would be featured either ahead of or immediately after screenings of The Force Awakens in lieu of an actual Marvel-style mid-credit scene.
But according to The Nerdy Show‘s State of the Empire podcasting team, a teaser trailer may accompany the data files containing Captain America: Civil War when it comes to theaters on May 6th. They cite an industry source, independently verifying the possibility after a similar rumor first surfaced on Making Star Wars a few days ago. It certainly makes an amount of sense since Marvel and Star Wars are corporate cousins. And as the site points out, it is also nicely timed for the May The Fourth celebrations that tend to happen nowadays. In 2017, the next couple of Star Wars releases are scheduled to shift back to May, making a possible May 4th online trailer premiere a nice treat in lieu of a full film.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is scheduled for release on December 16th, introducing a new dimension to the Star Wars cinematic landscape.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016