In an extended interview with The Hollywood Reporter, actor/writer/director Sylvester Stallone claims he is done making movies as Vietnam vet John Rambo.
As pointed out by Slashfilm, Stallone said, “The heart’s willing, but the body says, ‘Stay home!'” Though he’s flirted with a fifth Rambo film over the years — at one point the plot saw Rambo fight “feral beasts” — he stepped back from the idea, saying “It’s like fighters that go back for one last round and get clobbered. Leave it to someone else.”
That someone else could be the son of Rambo in the proposed Rambo: New Blood TV series, but Stallone will not be involved in that project. “It’s delicate to try to replace a character with his son,” he said. “I’ve seen the son of Flicka, the son of Tarzan, the son of King Kong. It’s a very difficult premise.”
Of course, it is always possible Stallone could be tempted back one more time.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016