Indeed they are being challenged by the Swiss manufacturer of the Omega watches, over Marvel’s attempt to register the trademark for “Omega The Unknown.”
The character, created by by Steve Gerber, Mary Skrenes and Jim Mooney, in an ill-fated but fondly remembered series in 1975-1977 was revived thirty years later by Jonathan Lethem and Farel Dalrymple for Marvel, running from 2007-2008, an excerpt from the subsequent collection running in The Best American Comics 2010.
But Marvel seem to have further plans for the character, hence the trademark registration. That is if they can get it past the Swiss…
- Supergirl Season 4 to Debut TV’s First Transgender Superhero, Dreamer - July 21, 2018
- Preview: Shuri #1 from Marvel’s Next Big Thing Panel at SDCC - July 21, 2018
- The New Fantastic Four Big Bad Is… The Griever - July 21, 2018
- ComicsPRO Retailers React to Batman #50 Returnability - July 21, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga Making Books of Blood, a Clive Barker Horror Anthology TV Series for Hulu - July 21, 2018