Indeed they are being challenged by the Swiss manufacturer of the Omega watches, over Marvel’s attempt to register the trademark for “Omega The Unknown.”
The character, created by by Steve Gerber, Mary Skrenes and Jim Mooney, in an ill-fated but fondly remembered series in 1975-1977 was revived thirty years later by Jonathan Lethem and Farel Dalrymple for Marvel, running from 2007-2008, an excerpt from the subsequent collection running in The Best American Comics 2010.
But Marvel seem to have further plans for the character, hence the trademark registration. That is if they can get it past the Swiss…
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd April 2018 – DC ComicsGetting Fresh - April 22, 2018
- The Age Of Bronze Goes Full Colour as a Digital Ongong Series - April 22, 2018
- Elton John Presents Sherlock Gnomes at the London Gala Premiere (VIDEO) - April 22, 2018
- 8 Pages of Olivier Coipel’s Virgin Art for The Magic Order - April 22, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: Variant Covers Are Not the Answer - April 22, 2018