Indeed they are being challenged by the Swiss manufacturer of the Omega watches, over Marvel’s attempt to register the trademark for “Omega The Unknown.”
The character, created by by Steve Gerber, Mary Skrenes and Jim Mooney, in an ill-fated but fondly remembered series in 1975-1977 was revived thirty years later by Jonathan Lethem and Farel Dalrymple for Marvel, running from 2007-2008, an excerpt from the subsequent collection running in The Best American Comics 2010.
But Marvel seem to have further plans for the character, hence the trademark registration. That is if they can get it past the Swiss…
- Full Marvel Comics Solicitations For April 2017 – Beginnings… And Endings - January 24, 2017
- Phoenix Comicon To Pay All Staff, And Give Free Passes For Those Who Miss Out - January 24, 2017
- Chapel Hill Comics In North Carolina To Close - January 24, 2017
- J.M. DeMatteis On His “Don’t Punch A Nazi” Captain America Comic From 1982 - January 24, 2017
- Jim Starlin Made More From A Small Character In Batman V Superman Than From Thanos, Drax And Gamora In The Marvel Movies - January 24, 2017