Indeed they are being challenged by the Swiss manufacturer of the Omega watches, over Marvel’s attempt to register the trademark for “Omega The Unknown.”
The character, created by by Steve Gerber, Mary Skrenes and Jim Mooney, in an ill-fated but fondly remembered series in 1975-1977 was revived thirty years later by Jonathan Lethem and Farel Dalrymple for Marvel, running from 2007-2008, an excerpt from the subsequent collection running in The Best American Comics 2010.
But Marvel seem to have further plans for the character, hence the trademark registration. That is if they can get it past the Swiss…
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018