Indeed they are being challenged by the Swiss manufacturer of the Omega watches, over Marvel’s attempt to register the trademark for “Omega The Unknown.”
The character, created by by Steve Gerber, Mary Skrenes and Jim Mooney, in an ill-fated but fondly remembered series in 1975-1977 was revived thirty years later by Jonathan Lethem and Farel Dalrymple for Marvel, running from 2007-2008, an excerpt from the subsequent collection running in The Best American Comics 2010.
But Marvel seem to have further plans for the character, hence the trademark registration. That is if they can get it past the Swiss…
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018