The Alliance to Preserve the Expanded Universe is a Star Wars private Facebook group that organises petitions against Disney and Lucasfilm asking them to continue creating stories based in Star Wars Legends, the brand formerly known as the Expanded Universe.
That’s the name for all the books, comics and other media based on the Star Wars films that occur outside the movies, and have been published for decades, all aligning to their own codependent continuity. Which was all rendered moot last year, the Expanded Universe closed down and rebranded Star Wars Legends, to make way for new continuity based on the new movies.
- The group’s goals are to convince Disney and Lucasfilm to continue the stories of Star Wars Legends with new Legends books, comics, and games, even if those stories are an alternate universe and to raise awareness of the line.
And in order to do that, it is encouraging its 3,694 members to spoil Star Wars: The Force Awakens in as many forms of social media as they can, unless Disney and Lucasfilm give into their demands.
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018
- Sitcomics Challenges Diamond with 64-Page $3.99 Comics – and a 20-Page Preview of Start-Up #1 - January 19, 2018