Marvel Comics has been running a number of comic books based on Disney theme park rides and events. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Seekers of the Weird…. Figment was probably the breakout, but they have plenty of others to go through.
Such as The Haunted Mansion #1, from Joshua Williamson and Jorge Coelho, created with designers, producers and creative directors at Walt Disney Imagineering.
It seems that no one lives in the elegant mansion on the hill…but where then is that eerie organ music come from? Are its iron gates meant to keep people out…or keep some things in? Filled with wall-to-wall creeps and hot and cold running chills, the happy haunts of the Haunted Mansion come to (after) life like never before! Get ready to meet the 999 spooks lingering within. But be warned, they’re looking for the 1000th!
And in July we’ll get the Disney picture book, Disney Parks Presents: The Haunted Mansion, out in July, with the song “Grim Grinning Ghosts” on CD and legendary artist Kelley Jones will be creating illustrations for Tales from the Haunted Mansion Volume I: The Fearsome Foursome, the first book in an all-new chapter book series that features chilling tales about the ghosts who haunt the notorious Mansion, with eerie illustrations throughout and a three-piece cloth cover designed to look like they came straight from the library in the Haunted Mansion.
- Comic Store In Your Future – How Did Venom #150 Sell For You? - June 26, 2017
- Hatchet Gets An Ongoing Series From American Mythology September 2017 Solicits - June 26, 2017
- Fried Pie Comics Covers For Dark Nights: Metal, Moonstruck And, Yes, Robotech - June 26, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes: The Unsolicited Wasp - June 26, 2017
- Saying Goodbye To James Hagemann, Who Helped Make My First Comic A Reality - June 26, 2017