Greg Miller has had a hell of a year. After leaving his role as IGN’s ‘face’ to commit to his own media company, Kinda Funny, with three others IGN alum, Tim Gettys, Nick Scarpino and Colin Moriarity, things seemingly have gone incredibly well. On top of hosting a rather elaborate Kinda Funny Live, sharing a stage with GameSpot at E3 and garnering a dedicated audience, last night he topped it all off with winning the fan voted Trending Gamer award at The Game Awards.*
I only point this out specifically though because he gave a poignant speech that I think bares repeating, taking the platform to thank the developers who create games, in a lovely and thoughtful acceptance. First thanking Nicole Tan, an environment artist on Rise of the Tomb Raider, who he’d never met, and then jumped off that to thank everyone in the credits of games for their incredibly hard work, a sentiment I echo.
Take a look:
Thanks for the embed IGN.
*I like to think his highlight of the year was catching lunch with me just before E3.
- Gran Turismo Sport Is Getting A More Traditional Single-Player Mode Next Month - November 22, 2017
- You Can Buy A Wearable Inferno Squad Helmet From Star Wars: Battlefront 2 For $400 - November 22, 2017
- Gwent’s Single-Player Campaign Has Been Delayed Into Next Year - November 22, 2017
- Fight A Giant Crocodile God In Assassin’s Creed Origins Right Now - November 22, 2017
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Has Two New Weapons To Play With In The DP-26 And AUG A3 - November 22, 2017