Greg Miller has had a hell of a year. After leaving his role as IGN’s ‘face’ to commit to his own media company, Kinda Funny, with three others IGN alum, Tim Gettys, Nick Scarpino and Colin Moriarity, things seemingly have gone incredibly well. On top of hosting a rather elaborate Kinda Funny Live, sharing a stage with GameSpot at E3 and garnering a dedicated audience, last night he topped it all off with winning the fan voted Trending Gamer award at The Game Awards.*
I only point this out specifically though because he gave a poignant speech that I think bares repeating, taking the platform to thank the developers who create games, in a lovely and thoughtful acceptance. First thanking Nicole Tan, an environment artist on Rise of the Tomb Raider, who he’d never met, and then jumped off that to thank everyone in the credits of games for their incredibly hard work, a sentiment I echo.
Take a look:
Thanks for the embed IGN.
*I like to think his highlight of the year was catching lunch with me just before E3.
- Valve Say They Have Three Full VR Games In The Works - February 10, 2017
- Roadhog’s Hook Is Getting A Small Nerf And Winston Will Be Harder To Kill In New Overwatch PTR Patch - February 10, 2017
- Project Cars 2 Most Likely Won’t Be Coming To Nintendo Switch - February 10, 2017
- These Halo Wars 2 Adverts Harken Back To When Video Game Commercials Were Good Fun - February 9, 2017
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Is Coming To Retail Later This Month; Episode 3 Soon After - February 9, 2017