While CBS refers to it as a “full season” pick-up, TVLine is reporting that Supergirl has received an order for seven additional episodes, rounding off its first season with twenty episodes. Though that number is two episodes shy of the traditional full season, the term itself seems to be in flux this year with “full season” orders varying from as short as eighteen episodes to the more standard twenty-two.
Premiering to a big audience of 13 million, that number has fallen most recently to 7.2 million. The network noted the series has improved the timeslot by 46 percent in overall viewership.
Of course, time will tell if this means the series will crossover with The Flash, as we recently reported.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016