Some of our favorite comic artists do work we’ll never see. Private commissions happen all the time and some of the most gorgeous art ends up only being seen by a handful of people… unless the artist is nice enough to post the piece to their social media… or in this case, their wife does.
Allison Sohn is the wife of Adam Hughes (and an artist in her own right) and yesterday she posted this image on facebook showing off a gorgeous 4-part commission that Hughes had recently done.
I’m a huge fan of my own husband’s work- that goes without saying. But sometimes he does something that really stands out for me. This was a set of four commissioned pieces, requested to look like Alphonse Mucha’s The Four Seasons. Done in color Copic Marker with colored pencils and a little paint and ink.
Below Hughes’ commission I’ve posted Mucha’s Seasons, showing that the new pieces are a fitting homage within the theme.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 5 Recap: All Souled Out - June 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 4 Recap: I Get Physical - June 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 3 Recap: Wig Out - June 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 2 Recap: Straighten It Out - June 22, 2018
- How Much Was the Destruction in Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1? - June 22, 2018