Activision has announced that Black Ops 3 is the biggest entertainment launch of the year, having made $550 million in the first three days it was on sale.
They’ve not made all the figures available, but apparently the sales are “significantly” bigger than Advanced Warfare and Ghosts – though, of course, both PS4 and Xbox One have a larger install base than ever before. Activision said:
In its first three days, the blockbuster title exceeded $550 million in sell-through worldwide, according to Activision estimates.<
The game has also set new records for hours played, with 75 million of them being logged in that same three day period.<Incidentally, it actually appears that these figures might signify a decline for this particular series on the whole, as Black Ops 2 actually made more than $500 million in its first 24 hours. That said, Black Ops 3 also became the biggest selling digital PS4 title, so perhaps that switch of co-marketing from Xbox to Sony has worked well for them.
Oh, and they also said something about it being a bigger launch that Jurassic World, but we can’t work out why that’s relevant.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015