According to The Wrap, Nicole Kidman is in talks to join the cast of Warner Bros.‘s upcoming Wonder Woman as a “high-ranking Amazonian warrior. They speculate the role is Queen Hippolyta.
The studio declined comment.
The character has existed since the first Wonder Woman story in 1941, ever offering sage advice to Wonder Woman and, in few instances, asking the gods to alter reality on her behalf. In the 1990s, Hippolyta became the Golden Age Wonder Woman in the pages of the Wonder Woman comic and occasionally referenced in other titles. She was played by Cloris Leachman in the 1975 pilot for The New Original Wonder Woman starring Lynda Carter.
The feature film — Wonder Woman’s first — stars Gal Gadot as the Amazon with Chris Pine as the ever-present Steve Trevor. Directed by Patty Jenkins, the film is scheduled for a June 23rd, 2017 release.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016