Yesterday, I found myself in some intense conversations with a number of rather good comics and film sources, regarding a few stories I’ve run on the site in the last few days regarding Marvel movies and TV shows, sourced in the late night bars of New York Comic Con.
One rather reliable source connected to Marvel told me that the Inhumans movie was only announced at CEO Isaac Perlmutter‘s insistence, if movie boss Kevin Feige was allowed to announce Feige’s own pet projects, Captain Marvel and Black Panther. And that is behind the now autonomous Feige’s decision to drop it.
Or more accurately, I am told, de-prioritise it. Let it fall down the soldiers until, eventually, it’s said that they could never find the right people for it.
I was also told to expect the upcoming Iron Fist project through Netflix to be hit by Marvel Studios interference – they still do have a say and a signoff into how the show appear and the word is the show may be killed with such procedural notes.
I was also told to keep an eye on around fifty staffers in the west coast Marvel Studios who are affiliated with Isaac Perlmutter and Marvel East in some way, who are currently sitting around filling time doing very little…
Hammers may fall. That billion dollars has got to come from somewhere.
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017