Yesterday, I found myself in some intense conversations with a number of rather good comics and film sources, regarding a few stories I’ve run on the site in the last few days regarding Marvel movies and TV shows, sourced in the late night bars of New York Comic Con.
One rather reliable source connected to Marvel told me that the Inhumans movie was only announced at CEO Isaac Perlmutter‘s insistence, if movie boss Kevin Feige was allowed to announce Feige’s own pet projects, Captain Marvel and Black Panther. And that is behind the now autonomous Feige’s decision to drop it.
Or more accurately, I am told, de-prioritise it. Let it fall down the soldiers until, eventually, it’s said that they could never find the right people for it.
I was also told to expect the upcoming Iron Fist project through Netflix to be hit by Marvel Studios interference – they still do have a say and a signoff into how the show appear and the word is the show may be killed with such procedural notes.
I was also told to keep an eye on around fifty staffers in the west coast Marvel Studios who are affiliated with Isaac Perlmutter and Marvel East in some way, who are currently sitting around filling time doing very little…
Hammers may fall. That billion dollars has got to come from somewhere.
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017