I met comics creator Josh Trujillo at WonderCon a couple of years ago where he was manning the PRISM booth, and also heard him speak on an excellent about LGBTQ comics and comics creators. His series of indie comics, Love Machines, reached its 5th issue last week, and is currently available on ComiXology. It’s an ongoing romance anthology comic, and this issue “touches on the true story of the world’s most famous mannequin, Cynthia, her creator Lester Gaba, and his legendary romance with film director Vincente Minelli”, according to Trujillo. This issue is written by Trujillo and drawn by Wyeth Yates.
Though Trujillo’s Love Machines comics usually have a historical aspect, this is the first issue that is actually based on “real people and real events”, leading Trujillo to spend a lot of “time researching the period and trying to uncover everything I could about this weird figure from pop-culture history”.
Trujillio has provided us with a preview of Love Machines #5 so you can have a look:
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015