Super Mario Maker has been everywhere of late. You can’t go two clicks on Twitter or YouTube without getting tons of digitised codes for created levels thrown in your face. And that is great. It’s amazing to see people getting so creative with game design.
That is why I’m not surprised to hear the the game has sold over a million copies since its release on September 11th. That’s not bad going for an exclusive on a console that is genuinely struggling.
— Nintendo of Europe (@NintendoEurope) September 30, 2015
Creativity seems to be selling a lot at the moment, and Mario Maker contextualises it in a classic trapping. It really is a fascinating game, and hopefully it keeps charging the Wii U platform.
- Hitman 2 Will Receive Updated Versions of Every Map From the First Game as DLC - August 20, 2018
- Windjammers 2 has Been Announced… No, Really - August 20, 2018
- Ubisoft and Elijah Woods’ Transference Releases Next Month - August 20, 2018
- Blizzard Says Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch is Possible - August 17, 2018
- Dontnod Entertainment’s Vampyr Optioned for TV Series - August 17, 2018