Bobby Joseph is one of the main players in British independent comic books, and featured heavily in last year’s exhibition at the British Library.
He used to publish a British satirical comic book called Skank, which ran from 1993 to 1997. Billing itself as a black Viz, which was shut down after a legal threat from British athlete Linford Christie.
The comic featured once strip, Scotland Yardie, featuring a Jamaican-styled drug-using aggressive black policeman breaking the rules to enforce his own harsh sense of justice.
Now Bobby Joseph has written – and Joseph Samuels has drawn – a full colour original graphic novel featuring the character. Scotland Yardie will be published next summer by Knockabout Comics.
Dubbed a Black Lethal Weapon in South London, look out for it in July.
Here’s how it used to look…
- Michael B. Jordan Really Wanted to Play T’Challa in Black Panther - February 24, 2018
- 42 Exclusive Comics at ECCC 2018 from Aspen, Dark Horse, Boom, DC, Oni, Valiant, Vault, and More - February 24, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, February 24th, 2018 – Batman Poisons Its Ivy - February 24, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 Out This Week… for the Very First Time - February 24, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018