Bobby Joseph is one of the main players in British independent comic books, and featured heavily in last year’s exhibition at the British Library.
He used to publish a British satirical comic book called Skank, which ran from 1993 to 1997. Billing itself as a black Viz, which was shut down after a legal threat from British athlete Linford Christie.
The comic featured once strip, Scotland Yardie, featuring a Jamaican-styled drug-using aggressive black policeman breaking the rules to enforce his own harsh sense of justice.
Now Bobby Joseph has written – and Joseph Samuels has drawn – a full colour original graphic novel featuring the character. Scotland Yardie will be published next summer by Knockabout Comics.
Dubbed a Black Lethal Weapon in South London, look out for it in July.
Here’s how it used to look…
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018