Bobby Joseph is one of the main players in British independent comic books, and featured heavily in last year’s exhibition at the British Library.
He used to publish a British satirical comic book called Skank, which ran from 1993 to 1997. Billing itself as a black Viz, which was shut down after a legal threat from British athlete Linford Christie.
The comic featured once strip, Scotland Yardie, featuring a Jamaican-styled drug-using aggressive black policeman breaking the rules to enforce his own harsh sense of justice.
Now Bobby Joseph has written – and Joseph Samuels has drawn – a full colour original graphic novel featuring the character. Scotland Yardie will be published next summer by Knockabout Comics.
Dubbed a Black Lethal Weapon in South London, look out for it in July.
Here’s how it used to look…
- The Daily LITG, November 22nd, 2018 – Thanks For All You’ve Given - November 22, 2018
- LATE: Doomsday Clock #8, Batman Damned #2, Shazam #2 - November 21, 2018
- Batman #62 to Replace Batman #61 - November 21, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Batman & The Outsiders Orders, Will Resolicit Later in 2019 - November 21, 2018
- An Early Thanksgiving Present From DC Comics and Walmart - November 21, 2018