Marvel has announced that Mary Jane Watson is leaving Spider-Man and heading to Iron Man. Starting in Invincible Iron Man #4, MJ will be a regular in the series in what is being called an unexpected role. Though Bleeding Cool had an inkling the other day….
Writer Brian Michael Bendis said about bringing Peter Parker’s love interest into Tony Stark’s world.
We were at one of our glorious Marvel publishing retreats and certain characters got brought up, sometimes almost accidentally, and I found out that nobody had anything going on with Mary Jane,” recalls Bendis. “I sat with that for a while and I always go to this place in my head where I [wonder] what the most interesting thing I would like to see that character do now and it fell right into the ideas I was already cooking for Tony Stark.
As to what the relationship between the two may be:
They know each other. She used to live in Avengers Tower. But that’s all I’m going to say for now because what kind of relationship they end up having is a big part of what I would like people to buy the book for. But what I can tell you is that it is new territory for both Tony and Mary Jane. And that is pretty exciting to write.
And how she will differ from the Mary Jane he has been writing for years in Ultimate Spider-Man:
This is a grown-up woman who has been through a lot. She seems like one of those characters that went down certain paths that may not have panned out the way she hope; and she’s ready for a kick ass second act.
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN kicks off this October with Mary Jane Watson joining the cast in December!
- Gotham Season 4 Released Dark Band Trailer With More Scarecrow - September 19, 2017
- Herbert West: ReAnimator Comes To Life In A Horror Board Game - September 19, 2017
- Things To Do In L.A. Saturday If You Like Batman: The Animated Series - September 19, 2017
- NFL Late Games: The Rest Of Sunday’s Week 2 Matches - September 18, 2017
- Find Out Which Netflix Stand-Up Special You Should Watch Tonight - September 18, 2017