While speaking Empire on their podcast, actor Ron Perlman said he talked with director Guillermo del Toro recently about the ending of the Hellboy trilogy. The “resolve of the story,” as he put it, was enough to interest Perlman in putting the extensive makeup on one last time. “I really feel as though I’m done with the character,” he said, but he feels the final installment is “essential.”
So what’s the big, earth-shattering idea? Hellboy shatters the Earth. “He’s the beast of the Apocalypse. He has to take down civilization. He has to. It’s non-negotiable. That’s the foundation for the story, and that’s why I think it would be a shame if we don’t do it.” One of the things I always liked about Hellboy was his attitude toward the “destiny” people constantly badgered him about, but maybe it’s time for him to confront it.
In the midst of this would also be the twins he and Liz Sherman, played by Selma Blair, were expecting at the end if Hellboy II: The Golden Army. “One would look like the mum and one would look like the dad,” Perlman revealed. “And one of them was going to be completely f*cking corrupt, the other one angelic. Which one was which? Only Guillermo would make the f*cked-up-looking one be the angel.”
While I never really need a Hellboy III, some of these ideas — especially in del Toro’s hands — would be interesting to see.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016