In a weird brand crossover, both Donkey Kong and Bowser are becoming part Amiibo, part Skylander toy this year. The toys-to-life cross over dream team will make its debut in Skylanders: Superchargers this fall.
They weren’t the only characters considered for this though. Apparently both Kirby and Fox McCloud came pretty close to becoming Skylanders too. According to The HDR Room (via Destructoid), the two Nintendo characters were going to be part of this cross over until it was halted at the last minute. Kirby fell through because his owners Hal Labratory, despite being a first party Nintendo creator, didn’t sign off on the toy it in time.
Fox supposedly was decidedly more tactical. Nintendo decided to not confusing messaging for the upcoming Star Fox Zero, and halted the idea.
I’ll be interested to see how this unholy marriage of toys-to-life brands plays out and if it provides a bump for either of the companies. Maybe we will see more figures in the future if this does well.
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018