I haven’t been writing about the whole Jimmy Kimmel vs Gamers thing for the last few days, because… well, the idea of reporting on another instance of someone who doesn’t get games saying something to get a laugh and a part of the gaming community taking it way too seriously is ludicrously played out.
If you’ve not been following this whole thing though, Jimmy Kimmel basically made fun of people who like to watch Let’s Plays. Some of those people then lashed out quite vehemently, making death threats to him, his family and his non-existent cat. Kimmel then poked the bear a little more, to expected affect.
Last night, Kimmel did extend a peace branch to the group though by inviting insanely popular Let’s Players Markiplier and Jonna Mae on to play some games with him and talk it out. While it was maybe a little frosty, and jabs were still made, they seemed to have fun. Take a look here:
Let’s hope all this goes away now. Being insecure about people making jokes about a thing you like is silly. You don’t need Jimmy Kimmel’s approval to enjoy watching other people play games.
- Battlefield 1943 is Available on Xbox One by Way of Backwards Compatibility - May 25, 2018
- God of War has Supassed 5 Million Copies Sold - May 25, 2018
- Brigitte Is a Breath of Fresh Air for the Overwatch League – Even When She’s Not Played - May 24, 2018
- Mads Mikkelsen Says Death Stranding Needs Collaboration from People All Around the World - May 24, 2018
- Banner Saga 2 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch in June - May 24, 2018