At CBR, Marvel EIC Axel Alonso also explored the notion of having a Korean-American Hulk, from a Korean-American creative team of Greg Pak and Frank Cho. And how it hit close to home.
My wife is Korean, and let me tell you, I scored a [lot] of points with this! [Laughs] I can only imagine the reaction of my [eomeoni] [mother] and two [cheo nams] [brothers] — who’re always asking me when the world is going to get an A-list Korean super hero. I think this fits the bill.
Greg Pak immediately came to mind, because he had a celebrated run on “Incredible Hulk,” and he was, of course, the co-creator of Amadeus Cho. As for Frank, well, he used Amadeus Cho and the Hulk in his “Savage Wolverine” story, so we knew he loved both characters, he’s Korean-American, and while he is very selective about his projects, we just figured he’d see the significance of this moment. And he did. He immediately agreed to be a part of the team, and was involved in the planning from the ground floor. He designed the new Hulk — from his the MMA-inspired board shorts to his K-Pop hair — and he very much collaborated on creating the villain for the first arc.
Captain Britain and Alpha Flight. Any plans for either of those characters/titles?”
Alonso: Stay tuned for good news, I think.
British or Canadian as well…
- Full Boom Studios Catalog For December 2018 Solicitations Sees Grant Morrison and Dan Mora Return to Klaus - September 18, 2018
- Comic Creator Tim Yates Pleads Guilty to Distribution of Child Pornography - September 18, 2018
- Full Dynamite Entertainment December 2018 Solicitations Sees Vampirella Vs Reanimator and Hack/Slash Vs Chaos - September 18, 2018
- Full Image Comics December 2018 Solicitations – Spawn Kills Everyone Too, Die, Hardcore, The Freeze, Self-Made - September 18, 2018
- Nightwing May Be Losing His Dick But Batman Is Getting One - September 18, 2018