The official James Bond Twitter account released this sharp-looking poster image for MGM‘s upcoming Spectre, the 24th film in the James Bond series. Daniel Craig returns as Ian Fleming‘s Agent 007 as he battles the mysterious organization known as SPECTRE. Christophe Waltz, Lea Seydoux and Monica Bellucci also star with Ralph Fiennes returning as the new M and Naomie Harris as Eve Moneypenny. Ben Whishaw and Roy Kinnear also return as MI6 support staff Q and Bill Tanner.
SPECTRE returns to the series after a forty-four year absence. Co-created by Fleming and Kevin McClory for a never-realized Bond film in the late 1950s, McClory sued the author when Fleming incorporated their screen story, the organization and criminal mastermind Ernst Stavro Blofeld into the novel Thunderball. When the book was made into a film in 1965, McClory came to a rights arrangement with the producers and received story and producer credits, but reasserted control of the concept after 1971’s Diamonds Are Forever.
Always trying to make his own rival James Bond pictures based on the initial SPECTRE premise, he succeeded in 1983’s Never Say Never Again, a remake of Thunderball that starred Sean Connery in his last turn as 007. The film is not considered part of the series and McClory at various times announced another remake, known as Warhead 2000 A.D. Following his death, McClory’s estate sold the rights to Bond producers Danjaq, Inc., allowing SPECTRE, and maybe Blofeld, to return.
Spectre is slated for release November 6th.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016