Actor Benicio del Toro, long rumored as taking a part in Star Wars: Episode VIII has apparently confirmed his role in the film. StarWars7News points to a Spanish radio show appearance by the actor who says, “Star Wars is coming up, we will see how that turns out. I think we start shooting in March.”
When asked to clarify who he is playing, del Toro offered, “Ehhh … the thing is … They don’t let me talk too much about it, I’m like the villain.” According to the site’s translator, del Toro’s comment about being “like the villain” should be parsed more as “I appear to be a villain.” Which could also mean he’s still unsure how he’s actually playing or how much he can say.
Like I said last week, following Star Wars rumors is often like reading tea leaves. Parse that how you will.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016