So the impression I got when Gotham was first coming to television was that by the end of the series the world of Batman would be fully formed. All the pieces would be in place and Bruce can put on the cowl for the first time.
Going with this in mind, it seems that with season 2, subtitled Rise of the Villains… one of the villains they appear to be pushing is Barbara Kean (Erin Richards). Barbara is once again featured prominently in the new trailer that was released today that focuses on the villains. Well, in the Batman world, Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) and Barbara Kean marry and have a daughter also named Barbara who becomes Batgirl and later Oracle… and then Batgirl again.
But Gotham seems to be going very far away from that. Which means either there is going to be some afternoon-soap-level solution involving amnesia or doppelgangers… or in this universe they are creating Jim and Barbara never have a daughter. Which means that any of the preconceived ideas we have with the show can be tossed out the window.
Gotham returns September 21st to Fox.https://youtu.be/UzgydR3wqGA
- Terry Dodson Adds Original Art to the Bettie Page Statue Kickstarter - March 16, 2018
- Jake McDorman Joins the Cast of the Murphy Brown Revival - March 16, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Jefferson Finds a Secret He Didn’t Anticipate - March 16, 2018
- Flash Season 4: When Will Barry and Company Be Back? - March 16, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Curtis Gets a Boyfriend and Other News - March 16, 2018