We mentioned that the planned Local Comic Shop Day event from ComicPRO for November had been engineered with a “No Hastings” clause.
Well, Hastings seems to have noticed, and have engineered their own series of days instead with Valiant Entertainment.
Hastings will be live steaming a Q&A with Valiant to all of their 140 stores every Satirday from September the 19th to October 10th, entitled “The Craft of Comics”.
Each installment of “The Craft of Comics” will feature a live tutorial with an all-star Valiant creator as they detail the practice and principles underlying one of the four key disciplines involved in the creation of comics: writing, penciling, inking, and coloring.
Each Hastings guest will receive a free exclusive “The Craft of Comics” workbook produced by Valiant Entertainment to create and refine their skills over the course of the four-week workshop. Inspired guests can then enter “The Craft of Comics” contest, where one lucky contestant will emerge victoriously and earn immortal bragging rights by having his or her work published in an upcoming Valiant comic.
Creators schedule to stream live during the workshop include:
WEEK ONE – WRITING:
James Asmus (Writer, Quantum and Woody)
September 19th at 6pm ET (5pm CT, 4pm MT, 3pm PT)
WEEK TWO – PENCILING:
Clayton Henry (Artist, Archer & Armstrong)
September 26th at 5pm ET (4pm CT, 3pm MT, 2pm PT)
WEEK THREE – INKING:
Ryan Winn (Inker, Divinity)
October 3rd at 5pm ET (4pm CT, 3pm MT, 2pm PT)
WEEK FOUR – COLORING:
David Baron (Colorist, Bloodshot Reborn)
October 10th at 7pm ET (6pm CT, 5pm MT, 4pm PT)
Check www.goHastings.com/Valiant for more information….
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017