We mentioned that the planned Local Comic Shop Day event from ComicPRO for November had been engineered with a “No Hastings” clause.
Well, Hastings seems to have noticed, and have engineered their own series of days instead with Valiant Entertainment.
Hastings will be live steaming a Q&A with Valiant to all of their 140 stores every Satirday from September the 19th to October 10th, entitled “The Craft of Comics”.
Each installment of “The Craft of Comics” will feature a live tutorial with an all-star Valiant creator as they detail the practice and principles underlying one of the four key disciplines involved in the creation of comics: writing, penciling, inking, and coloring.
Each Hastings guest will receive a free exclusive “The Craft of Comics” workbook produced by Valiant Entertainment to create and refine their skills over the course of the four-week workshop. Inspired guests can then enter “The Craft of Comics” contest, where one lucky contestant will emerge victoriously and earn immortal bragging rights by having his or her work published in an upcoming Valiant comic.
Creators schedule to stream live during the workshop include:
WEEK ONE – WRITING:
James Asmus (Writer, Quantum and Woody)
September 19th at 6pm ET (5pm CT, 4pm MT, 3pm PT)
WEEK TWO – PENCILING:
Clayton Henry (Artist, Archer & Armstrong)
September 26th at 5pm ET (4pm CT, 3pm MT, 2pm PT)
WEEK THREE – INKING:
Ryan Winn (Inker, Divinity)
October 3rd at 5pm ET (4pm CT, 3pm MT, 2pm PT)
WEEK FOUR – COLORING:
David Baron (Colorist, Bloodshot Reborn)
October 10th at 7pm ET (6pm CT, 5pm MT, 4pm PT)
Check www.goHastings.com/Valiant for more information….
- Calgary Expo Confirms They Are Now Part Of Fan Expo HQ Shows - October 20, 2017
- Are You On The Fence? C.S. Pacat Makes The Case For Her First Comic Book - October 20, 2017
- How To Get Your Copy Of The Comic Industry All-Star ‘The Spirit Of Eisner’ Newspaper - October 20, 2017
- Rick Veitch’s Maximortal Sequel In Stock At Amazon Right Now - October 19, 2017
- Udon Puts Gisèle Lagacé And David Lumsdon’s Ménage À 3 Into Print In February 2018 - October 19, 2017