Word comes from Birth. Movies. Death. that the Marvel Creative Committee — which includes writer Brian Michael Bendis, publisher Dan Buckley, Marvel Enterprises Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada — has been disbanded following Monday’s revelation that Marvel Studios‘ chief Kevin Feige will now report to Disney’s Alan Horn instead of Marvel Entertainment CEO Issac Perlmutter.
According to the report, the Committee’s divided attention on their other duties and “pedestrian” story notes created plenty of headaches for Feige and co-cheif Louis D’Esposito. The notes allegedly led to director Edgar Wright leaving Ant Man after developing the project for half a decade. Removing the committee gives Fiege, D’Esposito and executive producer Victoria Alonso further creative freedom to chart the direction of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It also continues Marvel Studios’ growing power over Marvel Entertainment.
With Captain America: Civil War already in production, it is presumed Doctor Strange will be the last film to receive any of the committee’s attention.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016