The third volume in the New York Times bestselling and Eisner Award-winning series, Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard Volume Three is being collected in a beautiful hardcover this Fall. It features tales written and illustrated by a collection of award-winning and critically acclaimed storytellers personally selected by series creator David Petersen, published by the amazing imprint of BOOM! Studios, Archaia. Once again, patrons at the June Alley Inn are challenged to tell the best Mouse Guard tale, with the winner getting their tab cleared! An array of creators are featured throughout the book including: David Petersen, Mark Buckingham, Skottie Young, Dustin Nguyen, Jake Parker, Ramon K. Perez, Becky Cloonan, and many more!
After reading the series myself, I will say that Skottie Young’s The Mouse and the Moon definitely resonated with me the most out of all of the tales. It’s an incredibly symbolic story that appears to be simple, but the message that lies beneath the text is so strong. Besides that, Young’s whimsical style of illustrating combined with a wacky mixture of colors is incredibly appealing. There is something for everyone in these books, and I’m sure that’s one of the reasons they are so successful. That, and the adorable mice…Be sure to look for the Mouse Guard Legends of the Guard Vol. 3 HC release this November.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016