So a few weeks back, actor Michael Shannon made comments about his role as General Zod in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. While talking with Vulture, he said, “I was in my costume, and I couldn’t use my fingers because in the sequel I have flippers instead of hands.” The internet quickly speculated the star of Take Shelter and 99 Homes was somehow connected to a rumor that Doomsday will appear in the film.
He now tells The Daily Beast the whole thing was spun out of nothing because he didn’t work on the film.
“I wasn’t there,” he said. “It’s a really awkward situation — I’m in the trailer for a movie that I didn’t work on.” He characterized his original “flipper” comment as a joke. “I made up some ridiculous bullshit answer about how my character Zod has flippers, and this went viral on the Internet or something and people have been asking me about that.”
“That is so obviously a complete bullshit story, right? But people took it seriously,” he continued, perhaps missing how easily one’s intended tone can get lost on the internet.
Shannon added that he did record some lines for an appearance by Zod as a ghost, explaining, “The thing about the whole Krypton universe, apparently, is that even when you destroy them, there are ghosts.”
Whatever the truth, it’s clear there is great interest in seeing the hulking Superman adversary on screen. Even Shannon suggests, “Maybe they should add it, I don’t know! Maybe in Part 3, Doomsday will have flipper hands.”
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016