According to The Hollywood Reporter, actor Josh Gad, of The Wedding Ringer and Pixels fame, will play the late film critic Roger Ebert in Roger & Russ. The film, which THR calls ” a debaucherous comedy centering on two outsiders who defied the Hollywood establishment and made one of the first X-rated films ever released by a major movie studio, having the party of a lifetime in the process,” will star Will Ferrell as sexploitation filmmaker Russ Meyer.
In the 1960s, Meyer landed a deal at 20th Century Fox, and a young Ebert signed to write Meyer’s Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, the now cult classic film about … debauchery in the Hollywood Hills or nothing in particular depending on who you ask.
Michael Winterbottom will direct, continuing his occasional fascination with off-beat entertainment stories. Previously, he directed 24-Hour Party People, about Factory Records boss Tony Wilson, and Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story, centering on a fictionalized version of actor Steve Coogan and his attempt to film the “unfilmable” novel, The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman. He also made The Look of Love, about British pornographer/strip club owner and real estate entrepreneur Paul Raymond.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016