I was really quite obsessed with the Marvel Collector’s Corps Ant-Man box last month, and a little harder to please this month, and realized that the previous two boxes since the Corps’ launch had movies to build on, which increased anticipation. This month they made the choice to address a big cross-over event in Marvel Comics, Secret Wars, and it’s now been announced that the next box will be themed on “Villains”, both of which are considered responses to moving out of movie-launch season and into pleasing what they hope are their comics-reading subscribers.
And I am one of those. In short, this box rocks. Great choices all around. From the outer box featuring Female Thor, which I was proud to get in the mail as a female reader…
Then the POP vinyls themselves–which are quite crisply designed, attractive, and distinctive. They are a great edition to my rather large POP collection, and I take it pretty seriously, so getting these Female Thor and Miles Morales Spider-Man are quite a win for me.
And I’d like to add that as with the previous two boxes I’ve received, the contents were well packed and nothing arrived bumped or marred in any way. I know in some ways I’ve just been lucky because no mail delivery is perfect, but the strength of the boxing materials, and in this case, placing a cardboard divider between the two included POPs in this month’s box definitely encouraged preservation.
I’m officially hooked on these Marvel Collector’s Corps boxes–the quality is high, they consistently tap into my fandom, and they add to my collections considerably. I’ll also note that my box didn’t arrive this late, I was just away from home, but coming back to this unboxing was quite a treat.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015