Hideo Kojima has been working on Metal Gear for 28 years. That is a near eternity in video games. Very few franchises have that kind of pedigree, and even fewer are defined by one director.
Kojima is now supposedly stepped away from Metal Gear for good with today’s Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release. To celebrate the series, the work of the man and the fans who love his games, Konami have released this video commemorating Kojima bowing out from the series. It’s very touching and goes in surprising emotional depth for a 10 minute video.
Take a look at it here. It’s well worth it:
- EA Play Announced – and It’s Bringing the Next Battlefield and Anthem with It - February 22, 2018
- You Can Dress as Gordon Freeman in Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition if You Pre-Order - February 22, 2018
- Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Gets 10 Minutes of Footage Showing Off Boss - February 22, 2018
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Has Sold 1 Million Copies - February 22, 2018
- Warcraft 3 Patch Drops As Remaster Rumours Begin to Hot Up - February 22, 2018