Hideo Kojima has been working on Metal Gear for 28 years. That is a near eternity in video games. Very few franchises have that kind of pedigree, and even fewer are defined by one director.
Kojima is now supposedly stepped away from Metal Gear for good with today’s Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release. To celebrate the series, the work of the man and the fans who love his games, Konami have released this video commemorating Kojima bowing out from the series. It’s very touching and goes in surprising emotional depth for a 10 minute video.
Take a look at it here. It’s well worth it:
- PS4 is in the Final Stages of its Life Says Sony Interactive CEO - May 22, 2018
- Paladins Mobile Game Promo Accidentally Used Overwatch Art - May 22, 2018
- Battlefield V Gets the Shortest of Teasers Ahead of Reveal on Wednesday - May 21, 2018
- Grand Theft Auto V Nears 100 Million Copies Sold - May 21, 2018
- Resident Evil 7 is Coming to Nintendo Switch By Way of the Cloud - May 21, 2018