Hideo Kojima has been working on Metal Gear for 28 years. That is a near eternity in video games. Very few franchises have that kind of pedigree, and even fewer are defined by one director.
Kojima is now supposedly stepped away from Metal Gear for good with today’s Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release. To celebrate the series, the work of the man and the fans who love his games, Konami have released this video commemorating Kojima bowing out from the series. It’s very touching and goes in surprising emotional depth for a 10 minute video.
Take a look at it here. It’s well worth it:
- EA Exec Patrick Söderlund is Leaving the Publishing Company - August 15, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Month - August 15, 2018
- Arkane Studios Says Dishonored is Taking a Break - August 15, 2018
- TimeSplitters Looks to Finally Be Making a Return After IP Changes Hands - August 15, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Will Get its First Gameplay Demo at Gamescom - August 14, 2018