VIZ Media, comiXology and Amazon are announcing the debut today of the Weekly Shonen Jump comic on comiXology as well as on Amazon’s Kindle Store. The digital version of Shonen Jump is published weekly to coincide with the print version’s release. This means a same-day experience for an English-speaking audience of the Japanese-debuting installments.
Today’s release, kicking things off, will include the ongoing manga series: One Piece, Bleach, Blue Exorcist, My Hero Academia, and Food Wars! Shokugeki No Soma.
VP of comiXology’s Communication & Marketing, Chip Mosher, says:
It’s amazing we live in an age where it’s possible for fans to read manga in English the same day as appears in Japan. This is why we’re thrilled to share Weekly Shonen Jump on comiXology and Kindle as we’re now able to give fans access to the latest and greatest manga around.
Weekly Shonen Jump currently includes the following series: Black Clover, Bleach, Blue Exorcist, Food Wars! Shokugeki No Soma, My Hero Academia, Nisekoi, One Piece, One-Punch Man, Seraph Of The End: Vampire Reign, Toriko, World Trigger and Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V.
This sounds like an excellent opportunity for committed readers and totally new audiences to keep up with a wide selection of manga in a timely way–as well as having the opportunity to keep one’s digital comics collections all on the same platform for ease of reading.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015