With Force Friday nearly upon us, StarWarsJunk.net posted several new pieces of artwork to appear in stores during the promotion, several of which feature new shots of Kylo Ren, Rey, BB-8 and Chewbacca.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the people of Rejkjavik, Iceland will now have a Darth Vader Street in their town. Mayor Dagur Eggertsson tweeted the former Bratthofoi street will now be known as Svarthofoi — literally “black-head” — the name used for Vader in the Icelandic localization of Star Wars. Located in the Hofoi industrial district, fans sought to rename a street after the Sith Lord there due to the curious naming convention in which all streets in the area end in “hofoi,” meaning “head” or “headland.”
Collectors on the Internet were abuzz over the weekend when images of a possible Black Series Luke Skywalker action figure appeared online. It later turned out to be a custom figure based on the earlier leaked image of Mark Hamill as the older Jedi.
Also, late on Friday, the Star Wars Facebook page responded to one fan’s difficulty with Captain Phasma’s unisex armor:
Pithy responses from official social media accounts? What a time to be alive. The comment has since been removed, but it sparked some interesting debates about whether or not armor should reveal gendered characteristics and other practical and tactical concerns. I’m sure the Star Wars cosplay community figured a lot of this out years ago.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016