When XCOM 2 was announced just before E3, I was surprised to hear it was coming out this year. With such little build up for a sequel to a beloved franchise, it felt a little too low key an announcement.
Well, 2K will now have a little bit more build up to play with as the game has been pushed back to February 6th. In a statement, Firaxis stated:
We’ve set a high bar for the sequel and the entire team has been working hard to make sure we deliver a great follow-up to Enemy Unknown. We just need a little more time to make it the best possible game.
This is great news, honestly. There are so many games out this holiday season, I fear XCOM might have been buried. With a February release date now secured, it has a little more breathing room to sweep the market. I expect great things.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Gets a Beautiful Launch Trailer. - September 25, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Have 200 Different Animals Including 19 Different Horses - September 25, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Will Contain Microtransactions - September 24, 2018
- Edge Transit’s Drop Rate is Getting a Nerf in Destiny 2 - September 21, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Ace of Spades Quest Now Much Easier Thanks To Hotfix - September 21, 2018