When XCOM 2 was announced just before E3, I was surprised to hear it was coming out this year. With such little build up for a sequel to a beloved franchise, it felt a little too low key an announcement.
Well, 2K will now have a little bit more build up to play with as the game has been pushed back to February 6th. In a statement, Firaxis stated:
We’ve set a high bar for the sequel and the entire team has been working hard to make sure we deliver a great follow-up to Enemy Unknown. We just need a little more time to make it the best possible game.
This is great news, honestly. There are so many games out this holiday season, I fear XCOM might have been buried. With a February release date now secured, it has a little more breathing room to sweep the market. I expect great things.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Sold 3 Million Copies in 11 Days in the US - December 18, 2018
- Grab a Free Copy of Subnautica on the Epic Store Over the Holidays - December 18, 2018
- Anthem Shows Off the Legion of Dawn in New Trailer - December 14, 2018
- DayZ is Now Out of Early Access and You Can Play it For Free This Weekend - December 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018