When XCOM 2 was announced just before E3, I was surprised to hear it was coming out this year. With such little build up for a sequel to a beloved franchise, it felt a little too low key an announcement.
Well, 2K will now have a little bit more build up to play with as the game has been pushed back to February 6th. In a statement, Firaxis stated:
We’ve set a high bar for the sequel and the entire team has been working hard to make sure we deliver a great follow-up to Enemy Unknown. We just need a little more time to make it the best possible game.
This is great news, honestly. There are so many games out this holiday season, I fear XCOM might have been buried. With a February release date now secured, it has a little more breathing room to sweep the market. I expect great things.
- Quake Champions Extends its Free-to-Play Period Another Week - June 19, 2018
- Epic Games Removing Exploit that Allowed Players to Unintentionally Create a Swastika - June 19, 2018
- AJ Styles is the WWE 2K19 Cover Star - June 19, 2018
- Fallout 76’s Beta is Coming to Xbox One First - June 19, 2018
- EA is Talking About Cross-Play for FIFA, Says Creative Director - June 18, 2018