Ever since the Vive was announced, it was under the impression that it would hit in 2015, making it the first consumer headset out of the door. With reports that it might well be the best of the first batch of VR headsets, I was really pulling for the tech.
Well, lets pull the breaks just a little bit. In a press release today to The Verge today, Valve clarified that the models going out in 2015 will be in very short numbers and be for those part of the “community and developer systems.” They then went on to say the Vive will become available in 2016 commercially, thus putting it in line with the Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus.
For me the big question remains what the price for each headset is going to be. Once we know that, we will have a much better idea of how this is all going to play out.
- It Looks Like Anthem is Getting a Livestream on Halloween - October 23, 2018
- Fortnite’s Save the World Mode is Not Going to Free-to-Play This Year - October 22, 2018
- Nike has Endorsed its First Esports Player - October 22, 2018
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018