Ever since the Vive was announced, it was under the impression that it would hit in 2015, making it the first consumer headset out of the door. With reports that it might well be the best of the first batch of VR headsets, I was really pulling for the tech.
Well, lets pull the breaks just a little bit. In a press release today to The Verge today, Valve clarified that the models going out in 2015 will be in very short numbers and be for those part of the “community and developer systems.” They then went on to say the Vive will become available in 2016 commercially, thus putting it in line with the Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus.
For me the big question remains what the price for each headset is going to be. Once we know that, we will have a much better idea of how this is all going to play out.
- Devil May Cry 5 Will Get its First Gameplay Demo at Gamescom - August 14, 2018
- Video: Everything You Need Know About World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth’s Story in 7 Minutes. - August 14, 2018
- Bethesda Says Future Games Could Come to Steam Despite Fallout 76 Skipping Platform - August 14, 2018
- Sumo Digital has Bought The Chinese Room – Game in More Traditional Genre Coming - August 14, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege is Getting a Free Weekend This Week - August 13, 2018