In October, Marvel Comics is running a “What If” five weekly event title.
What If Avengers #1 by Joshua Williamson and Mike Norton is being renamed What If X-Men #1 instead. The solicit still reads,
What if the AVENGERS lost the war?
• Years after the fall of Earth, CANNONBALL leads a small team of surviving mutants in the deepest parts of space looking for shelter. Eventually they meet up with a few surviving Avengers who had go to great and scary lengths to survive…
But Cannonball used to be a New Mutant/X-Man, as did Sunspot who used to be on the cover, though they have both recently appeared in Jonathan Hickman‘s Avengers titles.
In a Marvel.com interview, Williamson talked about the Avengers issue saying “This story actually centers on some remaining X-Men members who were evacuated [from] Earth after the Avengers lost. Earth is gone. As far as they know, they are not just the last mutants alive: They’re the last remnants of Earth. They have been flying around space trying to survive and find anyone who might have made it out of the war alive, and they’ve been doing it a long time.”
Did someone somewhere just say “we’re making this too obvious, pull back, okay?”
- Doctor Who Comes to BBC’s Children In Need Again - October 23, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 23rd October 2018 – Happy Birthday, Joe Illidge - October 23, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018