Fox Searchlight has released a new trailer for the documentary feature He Named Me Malala which opens in select theaters on October 2nd and tells the tale of Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Malala Yousafzai. Targeted, along with her father, by the Taliban for advocating for girls’ education, she was severely wounded by a gunshot when returning home on her school bus in Pakistan’s Swat Valley.
She was 15 years old at the time.
The attack on her sparked an outcry from supporters around the world. She miraculously survived and is now a leading campaigner for girls’ education globally as co-founder of the Malala Fund. If you watched The Daily Show, you might remember the memorable interview in which she left John Stewart speechless.
It really is a remarkable story.
Directed by Waiting for Superman‘s Davis Guggenheim, the film also depicts how Malala, her father Zia and her family are committed to fighting for education for girls worldwide. It also offers an inside glimpse into her life – from her close relationship with her father who inspired her love for education, to her impassioned speeches at the UN, to her everyday life with her parents and brothers.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016