The Bleed is a weekly podcast by Bleeding Cool contributors Joe Schmidt and Sam Morse. The podcast consists of the latest news in comics, creator interviews, and a weekly book club discussion.
We’re being invaded by Canucks! It’s like a Skroce comic or something on this show.
Welcome the wonder Ed Brisson to the podcast; writer, artist, letterer, this guy does it all. He took time out of his busy schedule writing Image Comics The Mantle and Boom! Studios Cluster to come on the show and talk about his craft.
This week, Ed chose to read and discuss the seminal Spidey story Kraven’s Last Hunt from Mike Zeck, J.M. DeMatteis, and Marvel comics. Considered by many to be among the greatest Spider-Man stories ever told, Ed explained how this comic continues to influence his sensibilities as a creator nearly 30 years after its original publication.
Next Week: We welcome another Hang Dai mastermind in the form of Dean Haspiel, cartoonist for Red Circle/Archie’s The Fox! We’re reading Dean’s own semi-autobiographical collection Beef with Tomato as well as the eternally weird OMAC by Jack Kirby!
Check out the Bleed’s Archives for more episodes.
- My Little Pony’s Katie Cook And Sara Richard Read Archie – The Bleed Episode 51 - October 2, 2015
- My Little Pony’s Agnes Garbowska, Brenda Hickey & Christina Rice Read Jem And The Holograms: The Bleed Episode 50 - September 25, 2015
- We Can Never Go Home’s Josh Hood Reads Lumberjanes: The Bleed Episode 49 - September 11, 2015
- Dean Haspiel Reads Jack Kirby’s OMAC: The Bleed Episode 48 - September 4, 2015
- Ed Brisson Reads Kraven’s Last Hunt: The Bleed Episode 47 - August 28, 2015