The folks at Shade VFX have released a video showcasing their work on the Netflix series Marvel’s Daredevil. CEO of the company, Bryan Goodwin describes what they do as “supporting visual effects” saying that their goal is to support the story being told. Some of their work includes complete CG people, crowd replication, cityscapes, explosions and more. Executive supervisor David Van Dyke makes it clear that their job is not to be the star of a shot.
The most impressive thing in the video is that Red Ninja fight where Daredevil takes on Nobu who is using a shoge hook. Surprisingly most of the action in the scene using the hook was all digital effects. Which makes sense since you couldn’t really have that thing flying around even with stunt doubles.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018