The folks at Shade VFX have released a video showcasing their work on the Netflix series Marvel’s Daredevil. CEO of the company, Bryan Goodwin describes what they do as “supporting visual effects” saying that their goal is to support the story being told. Some of their work includes complete CG people, crowd replication, cityscapes, explosions and more. Executive supervisor David Van Dyke makes it clear that their job is not to be the star of a shot.
The most impressive thing in the video is that Red Ninja fight where Daredevil takes on Nobu who is using a shoge hook. Surprisingly most of the action in the scene using the hook was all digital effects. Which makes sense since you couldn’t really have that thing flying around even with stunt doubles.
- Allison Williams Joins Netflix’s ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ - March 20, 2018
- Exclusive First Look at Gabriel Hardman and Carlos D’Anda’s Aliens: Dust to Dust #3 Covers - March 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3, Episode 15 Recap: Necromancing the Stone - March 20, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: First Look at ‘Schott Through the Heart’ - March 20, 2018
- Charlie’s Angels, Nancy Drew, and Vampirella Lead Dynamite’s June 2018 Solicitations - March 20, 2018