Deadline reports Time, an action-adventure drama from The Shield creator Shawn Ryan and Supernatural instigator Eric Kripke, will land at NBC. According the report, the show is “a high-octane hour about an unlikely trio traveling through time to battle unknown criminals in order to protect history as we know it.”
Which, at first blush, sounds like Legends of Tomorrow minus the known heroes and Vandal Savage.
Ryan and Kripke are co-writing the pilot script and will executive produce. Despite the similarity I noticed to the CW’s midseason DC show, the pair are solid writers with a handle on characters and good ears for dialogue. Granted, their greatest creative successes have been at cable outlets and the CW itself. Ryan created The Chicago Code for Fox, which survived one season. Kripke developed Revolution for NBC, which managed to stay on air for two years. It is unclear how well their sensibilities work with those of a major network.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016