While we know Mads Mikkelsen will not be playing a villain in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, it now appears he will oppose Doctor Strange in the upcoming movie. Variety reports the Danish actor is in early talks to play one of the villains in the film, joining Chiwetel Ejiofor‘s Baron Mordo as the villains battling Benedict Cumberbatch‘s Stephen Strange, the neurosurgeon who protects the Earth as the Sorceror Supreme.
Tilda Swinton will also appear as Strange’s mentor, the Ancient One.
It is unclear who — or what — Mikkelsen will play, but let’s put the “wild speculation hat” on and suggest Dormammu. He’s got the presence of a god-tyrant from an alternate dimension. He’s also an available character.
Directed by Scott Derrickson, Doctor Strange joins Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 as part of Marvel Studios’ Phase III series of movies and will presumably introduce magic and mysticism into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It will be released on December 6th, 2016, just a few weeks before Rogue One. It’s a good time to be Mads.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016