Yahoo! Movies has revealed the first image of Michael Fassbender as Callum Lynch, the character he’ll play in 20th Century Fox‘s Assassin’s Creed, based on the Ubisoft game series.
According to Yahoo, “Lynch discovers he is a descendant of the secret Assassins society through unlocked genetic memories that allow him to relive the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. After gaining incredible knowledge and skills he’s poised to take on the oppressive Knights Templar in the present day.”
Well, that certainly sounds like Assassin’s Creed. I’m a big fan of the series, even completing all the content in the most recent game, Assassin’s Creed Unity. I’ve been unsure of a movie from the beginning because video game adaptations tend to lose the spirit of the game and are often made cheaply.
And that’s not counting the ones made by Uwe Boll.
But since Fassbender signed up to star and produce, the film gained some pedigree, attracting Fassbender’s Macbeth director Justin Kurzel and co-star Marion Cotillard. Michael Kenneth Williams and Ariane Labed also star. It seems like they’re taking this seriously. If it works, the concept is dependable — and not necessarily cast dependent — for a reliable franchise.
Will Assassin’s Creed break the curse of video game adaptations? We’ll find out when it’s released on December 21st, 2016.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016