There are a number of ages to SHIELD at Marvel Comics. There is the age that begat it, the sixties with Stan Lee and Jim Steranko, and continued after then. Then there is the reinvention of SHIELD by Brian Bendis that would be incorporated into the movies and television series and back into the comics again. And there is a third age, the long history of what came before, a SHIELD from the dawn of civilisation, that protected the world before its modern incarnation with the same name, created by Jonathan Hickman.
Today’s issue of SHIELD seeks to marry all three as Phil Coulson meets Leonardo Da Vinci, via the paperwork of Nick Fury.
And giving Phil a run down on the true, massive history of SHIELD. How will he react to it?Probably as you’d expect. But this is the first time the three ages of SHIELD have been knitted together like this…
Any chance we might get Leonardo appearing in season three? It can’t just be about Inhumans, can it?
You know, an immortal Leonardo might be a way to crossover Agents Of SHIELD and Agent Carter…
SHIELD is published today from Marvel Comics. Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. With a signing for Doctor Who and Planet of The Apes artist Rachel Scott today, and launching an exhibition for Jessica Martin on Saturday.
- A New Superman Comic From Dan DiDio and Shane Davis? - June 25, 2018
- Simone Bianchi to Create Marvel Masterpieces Trading Card for Upper Deck - June 25, 2018
- Everything Wrong With Benedict Cumberbatch as Dominic Cummings in Channel 4 ‘Take Control’ Brexit Drama Screenshot - June 25, 2018
- Hellboy on Front of San Diego Comic-Con 2018 Events Guide for 25th Anniversary - June 24, 2018
- A Barrage of Amazing Spider-Man #1 Covers for Volume 5 - June 24, 2018