According to The Hollywood Reporter, The Maze Runner director Wes Ball will direct Fall of Gods for 20th Century Fox. The project, based on a crowdfunded illustrated novel from Denmark, centers on Vali, a retired warrior “tending to his farm and trying to forget the battles he fought…and the crimes he committed. But one day his love disappears, and he must set out to find her. He will once again have to face the creatures of Jotunheim and the powerful Aesir. Suddenly, the man he thought he had buried deep down inside has risen to the surface once more…and he comes seeking vengeance.”
The novel, the product of Mood Studios, intends to bring a more Scandinavian feel to Norse mythology, but it is unclear how much of that flavor will survive feature development.
The Hollywood Reporter also notes Fox is intent in keeping Ball at the studio and perhaps this is a passion project. I mean, who wouldn’t want to film colossal battles against the Aesir and other creature of the Norse pantheon? Looking at some of the artwork on the novel’s original Kickstarter page, I can definitely see the appeal.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016