Marvel exec, and Bleeding Cool favourite, Tom Brevoort chose to respond to this question, asked on his Tumblr,
Why do you claim the comics are independent of the TV and movies when you have crap like Lance Hunter being Bobbi’s being ex-husband shoved into the comics by the movie/TV studios?
Clearly you’re reading Click-Bait, rather than the comics themselves if you believe this.
You know who else I love? Lance Hunter. He’s Bobbi’s ex-husband on the TV show, because I guess Clint was busy. Hunter is a smart-ass romantic who works for a shadowy government organization. Sound familiar? I know! Bobbi sure has a type.
Anyway “the studio” wanted Hunter in the anniversary issue, so as not to confuse things (more). They never call “the studio” by name — it’s just always “the studio.” I kind of thought it was funny — the fact that Bobbi has these two almost interchangeable ex-husbands, both of whom are in no way over her, so I tried to have fun with that in the one-off.
Who you believe, well that’s all down to you.
- What Will Heroes in Crisis’s Shocking Opener Be? [Potential Spoilers] - June 17, 2018
- DC Creators Will Be Able to Use Shazam, Legion, and JSA Whether or Not Doomsday Clock Has Finished - June 17, 2018
- Cloak and Dagger Classified Confirmed as Digital-First Series – Luke Cage and Jessica Jones to Follow? - June 17, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 17th June 2018 – Geoff Johns is Mister Ex… - June 17, 2018
- Top 100 Most-Ordered Comics and Graphic Novels in May 2018 – Action Comics #1000 Came 23rd - June 17, 2018