Marvel exec, and Bleeding Cool favourite, Tom Brevoort chose to respond to this question, asked on his Tumblr,
Why do you claim the comics are independent of the TV and movies when you have crap like Lance Hunter being Bobbi’s being ex-husband shoved into the comics by the movie/TV studios?
Clearly you’re reading Click-Bait, rather than the comics themselves if you believe this.
You know who else I love? Lance Hunter. He’s Bobbi’s ex-husband on the TV show, because I guess Clint was busy. Hunter is a smart-ass romantic who works for a shadowy government organization. Sound familiar? I know! Bobbi sure has a type.
Anyway “the studio” wanted Hunter in the anniversary issue, so as not to confuse things (more). They never call “the studio” by name — it’s just always “the studio.” I kind of thought it was funny — the fact that Bobbi has these two almost interchangeable ex-husbands, both of whom are in no way over her, so I tried to have fun with that in the one-off.
Who you believe, well that’s all down to you.
- Esad Ribic’s Conan Covers Next Week’s Diamond Previews - September 19, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Full December 2018 Solicitations – Laguardia #1 by Nnedi Okorafor and Tana Ford - September 19, 2018
- Full Boom Studios Catalog For December 2018 Solicitations Sees Grant Morrison and Dan Mora Return to Klaus - September 18, 2018
- Comic Creator Tim Yates Pleads Guilty to Distribution of Child Pornography - September 18, 2018
- Full Dynamite Entertainment December 2018 Solicitations Sees Vampirella Vs Reanimator and Hack/Slash Vs Chaos - September 18, 2018