The character Willis Stryker, aka Diamondback, will appear as a villain opposite star Mike Colter in the first season of Netflix‘s Luke Cage series according to Heroic Hollywood. Anonymous sources provided the website a story breakdown which states:
“Luke Cage is a former gang member who is framed for a crime. In prison, he volunteers for a medical experiment that goes awry, giving him super strength and bulletproof skin. Using his newfound powers, Cage escapes and becomes a hero for hire. His archenemy is Willy Stryker, a former childhood friend from Harlem. The two committed petty crimes together, and both fell for the same woman, Reva Connors, which led to their eventual falling out. It was Stryker who framed Cage for a drug deal that sent him to prison.
The breakdown suggests the first season will roughly follow the initial Luke Cage: Hero for Hire storyline, though I doubt Cage will wear his original badass costume. The mention of Reva Connors suggests the character may appear as a potential love interest despite most watchers of the series’ development have the impression Cage and Krysten Ritter‘s Jessica Jones will become romantically involved in her self-titled series.
As we previously reported, Alfre Woodard is also in talks to join the cast as Minetta, “a powerful local politician who will have a big impact on Cage’s life.”
Production on the series begins soon and it is expected to air in 2016.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016