The cast of Kong: Skull Island expands again as word comes via The Hollywood Reporter that Jason Mitchell — Straight Outta Compton‘s Eazy-E — is in negotiations to join the expedition.
He will join the previously announced Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson and Toby Kebbell and Compton castmate Corey Hawkins on the journey to the primordial, creature-filled island of King Kong fame.
According to Cinema Blend, the film will take place “25 year after King Kong’s death in New York, Carl Denham’s son runs an expedition to Skull Island and tries to to solve the decade long mystery. ” Also, earlier reports suggest the film will take place in 1971, based on comments actor J.K. Simmons made when he was involved in the film. He left the project in July, reportedly due to scheduling conflicts.
Of course, if the picture is set in the early ’70s, I can’t help but think it’s a sneaky prequel to the 1976 remake starring Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lange.
Directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts, the film is expected to be released on March 10th, 2017.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016