The other day though, he gave the closest he has come yet to a statement on his intent going forward. On his Birthday, he announced that he plans to create for the rest of his life, meaning we can expect more Hideo Kojima work on the horizon. In a tweet he said:
Thanks everyone, I turned 52 and will keep creating in rest of my life.
— HIDEO_KOJIMA (@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN) August 24, 2015
This wasn’t guaranteed either. Kojima could have easily rode off into the sunset, happy with his work on the MGS franchise, sipping Mojitos for the rest of his life. I can’t wait to see what the future holds going forward for this unique creator. whether it is away from Konami or not.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2’s Microtransactions to Return, but They Won’t Affect Gameplay - March 16, 2018
- Heroes of the Storm’s Next Character is StarCraft’s Fenix - March 16, 2018
- PUBG’s Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada - March 16, 2018
- The Crew 2 Finally Gets a Release Date, and It’s Coming This Summer - March 16, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Gets a Launch Trailer Showing Off Pirate-y Fun - March 16, 2018