The Ashley Madison leaked databases have caused all sorts of commotion, with NFL players, Hollywood stars and reality TV show celebrities under the spotlight from registering with the dating site that sold itself as a way for married people to have affairs. Some have asked – what about the comic industry?
I am happy to report that no one working for a major comic publisher has chosen to use their corporate e-mail address to register with Ashley Madison.
I’m told the only identifiable person from Marvel appears to have registered an account with their company e-mail back in 2007. He is not a well known name, he no longer works for Marvel. He was single at the time. If it was even him.
Because there was actually another from Marvel, a certain email@example.com.
I’m told none were from DC Comics, Diamond, Image, Boom, IDW, Dynamite, Avatar, Dark Horse, Valiant, Archie, Comic Book Resources, Comic Book, Newsarama… or from Bleeding Cool.
Because that’s another thing, all manner of faked identities are used from people who were probably just curious. There are over 200 using @disney.com but they are mostly variants on Mickey, Minnie or Donald.
It’s a rather unpleasant business all round, but it’s one that won’t affect the comic book industry. Not this way, at least.
- New England Comics Launches The Tick #0 For San Diego Comic-Con - June 20, 2018
- Catwoman #1 Cover Suggests She May Not Get Married to Batman - June 20, 2018
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Issue Has Gone to Second Printing - June 20, 2018
- No More Issues of Cyborg: #23 Was Your Last, #24 and #25 Cancelled - June 20, 2018
- Rolled & Told from E.L. Thomas and Tristan J. Tarwater Launches in Lion Forge September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018