The Ashley Madison leaked databases have caused all sorts of commotion, with NFL players, Hollywood stars and reality TV show celebrities under the spotlight from registering with the dating site that sold itself as a way for married people to have affairs. Some have asked – what about the comic industry?
I am happy to report that no one working for a major comic publisher has chosen to use their corporate e-mail address to register with Ashley Madison.
I’m told the only identifiable person from Marvel appears to have registered an account with their company e-mail back in 2007. He is not a well known name, he no longer works for Marvel. He was single at the time. If it was even him.
Because there was actually another from Marvel, a certain email@example.com.
I’m told none were from DC Comics, Diamond, Image, Boom, IDW, Dynamite, Avatar, Dark Horse, Valiant, Archie, Comic Book Resources, Comic Book, Newsarama… or from Bleeding Cool.
Because that’s another thing, all manner of faked identities are used from people who were probably just curious. There are over 200 using @disney.com but they are mostly variants on Mickey, Minnie or Donald.
It’s a rather unpleasant business all round, but it’s one that won’t affect the comic book industry. Not this way, at least.
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018
- Neal Adams Expresses Concern For Rumoured Comics Royalty Changes - October 20, 2018