It has recently been announced that NBC is developing a TV series based on the Red films, that were based on Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner‘s comic book for Wildstorm.
Which gave Ellis the opportunity in his mailing list to wax about how he could see Red being developed as an international format, unique for each country.
We always talked (we being me and the producers) about RED as an international TV format, because it internationalises really well — local secret intelligence service + local ageing actors = your own RED story. In France, you do the DGSE with, say, Jean-Hugues Anglade (and if you haven’t seen the first season of BRAQUO, fix that). In Germany, you do the BND and, hell, I dunno, is Gotz George still working? I have fond memories of SCHIMANSKI being the single thing on TV at 4 in the morning in 1991. 95% of you have just blanked out. Anyway. The basic concept is obviously easily transferrable to TV, especially the (RED film writers) Hoebers’ adaptation. I’d watch a Swedish version with Michael Nyqvist. Anyway, that was a long digression — short version is that I don’t know much more than you right now. TV has been part of the conversation with Mark and Lorenzo, the producers, for years, so it’s not a huge shock or anything. This has been in possibility space for ages.
- Art Galleries to be Searched for Missing Comic Book Artwork - September 25, 2018
- Mark Montague Wins Dredd Talent Competition as 2000AD Opens Submissions Again - September 25, 2018
- Second Wave of Game Of Thrones Blindbox Titans Vinyl Figures in February 2019 - September 25, 2018
- What Made Warren Ellis Swear In Fearscape #1, Out Tomorrow? - September 25, 2018
- Tomorrow, DC Comics Publish Another Batman Comic With a Penis In It - September 25, 2018